THE HUMISTON HERITAGE
The Apollos Camp and Bennet Humiston Trust was established in 1920 after the death of Mrs. Harriet Humiston. Mrs. Humiston's stipulations were that the money from the trust be used to benefit residents of Pontiac and that none of it be spent for religious or sectarian purposes. The trust was first used to build the Camp-Humiston swimming pool in Chautauqua Park. The funds have also been used for various other projects in Pontiac including Humiston Woods, Riverside Park and Kiwanis-Humiston Park among many others.